FloraFlora.com

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Back from Paradise (Dragged Kicking & Screaming)

So, I have reluctantly returned to the "mainland" after Hunny spontaneously decided to sweep me off to the lush island of Oahu, Hawaii for a week.  I decided not to blog about any of our dining adventures since, first, it was a vacation and second, it wasn't in Anne Arundel County. Plus, I was just having too much fun to bother, honestly. But since we did take a ton of photos, I decided to share this one. We had lunch one day at the "Cheeseburger in Paradise Waikiki". Except for the fact that they serve cheeseburgers in a tropical atmosphere, they are far removed from the Jimmy Buffet chain of the almost-same name. The food was overpriced and both it and the service were mediocre. (And they don't offer fruit syrup for your iced tea, darn them!) The most interesting thing (aside from our waiter wearing a grass skirt over his shorts) was the "open air" style that allowed the local avians to wander in at will, which might explain -- partly anyway -- why the place was so dirty. Like I said, not at all like Jimmy's places. But it did make for an unusual photo op.

No comments: